SkyGeo is an Earth Observation 2.0 company. Our global data feed starts on a satellite and provides millimeter accurate deformation data to customers all over the world.
This InSAR-based deformation data is fundamentally changing the way our customers look at their assets. We help people manage their maintenance for the long term and we help prevent environmental disasters.
Working for SkyGeo is exciting and inspiring and challenges you to excel. You will have an opportunity to grow and innovate since the company is at the forefront in InSAR, computational techniques and global data delivery.
We have offices in Delft, Houston and San Francisco.
We have a position available for a scientific software developer to build out the image / signal processing framework. This framework is the basis of our data processing capability. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining this framework.
- Update calculation framework to support scaling up the data feed 10X/quarter, as well as supporting near-real time processing and reporting
- Program/support adaptations in InSAR processing algorithms as developed in our Engineering and R&D departments
- Implement GPU for calculations in framework
- Code level and usability testing, documentation
- Knowledge and experience of scientific computing/HPC (emphasis on performance) and object oriented programming
- Proven track record of developing a high-quality and well-documented framework
- Fluid in writing high-quality, maintainable production code in Python and C
- Extensive experience working in Linux environment
- Experience maintaining and improving existing software, including testing and refactoring
- experience with software development for the GPU
- experience working with big data sets, especially with earth observation data
- Self-reliant, comfortable taking initiative in small, but growing, multidisciplinary team
- Work with accuracy, applying testing discipline
- Track record of applying state-of-the-art best practices for development
Delft, The Netherlands
APPLY FOR THIS JOB